- The Company shall provide and carry out the services specified herein subject to the conditions and provisions herein below mentioned.
- The customer agrees to receive the services provided by specified herein subject to the conditions and provisions herein below mentioned.
- The Company shall include its associate and subsidiary companies and appointed agents.
- The Customer shall make payment to the Company within THIRTY (30) days from the date of Invoice. In the event that payment is not made by the Customer to the Company within the said period, interest shall be payable on the amount outstanding and shall be at the rate of Fifteen (15%) percent per annum calculated on a daily basis until the amount outstanding is fully settled.
- By the Conditions set out below, the Company and its servants and agents are not liable at all certain losses and damages and if and where they are liable, the amount of liability is strictly limited to the amount stated in clause 15 herein. The Customer is therefore advised to seek or purchase insurance cover in any areas in which liability and fault are not clearly accepted or admitted by the Company to ensure that its interests are fully protected in all events.
- The Company shall be not liable or responsible for any unintentional or accidental acts of the employees.
- The Company is not a common carrier and will only carry documents or goods subject to these conditions herein. The Company reserves the right to refuse the carriage or transportation of any documents or goods for any person, firm or company at its absolute discretion without giving reasons whatsoever. No time for delivery of the consignment is guaranteed. The company undertakes to complete delivery with reasonable despatch.
- The Company undertakes, subject to payment in accordance with rates notified to the Customer from time to time to carry the Customer’s documents between destinations agreed between the Company and the Customer. The Company reserves the right to carry the Customer’s documents or goods by any route and procedure and by successive carriers and according to its own handling, storage and transportation methods as the Company thinks fit.
- The Company reserves the right but not the obligation to inspect the documents or goods consigned by its customers to ensure that all such documents or goods are capable of carriage to the countries of destination within the standard operating procedures, customs declaration and handling methods of the Company provided that in making this reservation the Company does not undertake or represent that any particular item to be carried is capable of carriage and delivery without infringing the law of any country or state from, to or though which the item may be carried.
- Any rates quoted by the Company for carriage are inclusive of local airport taxes but exclusive of any value added tax, duties, levies, imports, deposits or outlays in respect of the carriage of the Customer’s documents or goods. The Company will not be liable for any penalties imposed or loss or damage incurred due to the Customer’s documents or goods being impounded by customs or similar authorities and the Customer shall indemnify the Company against any such penalty or loss.
- The packaging of the Customer’s documents of goods for transportation is the Customer’s responsibility including the placing of the documents or goods in any container which may be supplied to the Customer by the Company. The Company accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to documents or goods caused by inadequate or inappropriate packaging. It is the sole responsibility of the Customer to address adequately each consignment of documents or goods to enable effective delivery to be made. The Company shall not be liable for delay in forwarding or delivery resulting from the Customer’s failure to comply with its obligation in this respect.
- The Company shall not be liable for all losses, damages and expenses arising as a result of the Customer’s failure to comply with the Company’s obligations under this Agreement or as result of the Customer’s negligence.
- The Company will only carry documents or goods which are the property of the Customer and the Customer warrants that it is authorised to accept and is accepting these conditions not only behalf of itself but also as agent for and on behalf of all other persons who are or may hereafter become interested in the documents or goods. The Customer hereby undertakes to indemnify the Company against any damages, costs and expenses resulting from any breach of this warranty.
- The Company is responsible for the Customer’s documents or goods whilst they are within its custody or control and shall be liable to a sum as limited under Clause 15 hereof for loss sustained by the Customer due to damage to or loss of the documents or goods whilst in the Company’s custody provided that such loss or damage was due to the negligence of the Company, its servants or agents. Save as aforesaid the Company shall be under no liability in respect of the documents or goods carried by if and in particular shall be liable for consequential loss however the same shall arises whether or not the Company had knowledge that such damages might be incurred. The parties agree the consequential loss shall be deemed to include without restriction commercial financial or other direct loss including loss of interest and utility. The Company shall not be liable for any loss or damage incurred by the Customer due to any delays in the carriage or delivery of documents or goods which are beyond the control of the Company.
- The liability of the Company under the conditions herein shall be limited to the payment by the Company by way of damages of a sum not exceeding RM250.00 or its equivalent per consignment for loss due to the Company’s or the Company’s staff’s negligence only. For the purpose of establishing the amount of the Company’s liability under this clause the value of a document or the goods shall be ascertained by reference to their replacement reconstruction or reconstitution value at the time and place of shipment, whichever is the less, without reference to their commercial utility to the Customer and other items of consequential loss.
- Any claim brought by the Customer against the Company herein under in respect of duties and liabilities must be notified by the Customer to the above mentioned of the Company in writing within 21 days of the day when the documents or goods should have reached their destination. No claims shall be made against the Company beyond that time limit.
- The Company will not carry (in addition to those items mentioned in clause 8 hereof) dangerous, hazardous, combustible or explosive materials, prohibited drugs, gold and silver, coin, dust, cynic, precipitates, or any form of uncoined gold and silver one bullion, platinum and other precious stones including commercial carbons or industrial diamonds, currency (paper or coin) of any nationality, negotiable securities, stocks, bonds, certificates, non-cancelled postage or revenue stamps, war savings or thrift stamps, blank or endorsed in blank cashier’s cheques, money orders or traveller’s cheques, antiques, pictures, livestock or plants and in the event that Customer should consign such items with the Company the Customer shall indemnify the Company for all claims, damages and expenses arising in connection therewith and the Company shall have the right to deal with such items as it shall see fit including the right to abandon carriage of the same immediately upon the Company having knowledge that such items infringes the conditions herein. The right or inspection referred to in clause 9 shall also apply for the purposes of this clause.
- The Company is not an air transport undertaking within the Warsaw Convention 1929 and subsequent air carriage treaties and legislation. The Company acts as agents for the Customer when consigning documents or goods within a particular airline for onward carriage, without prejudice to its general right subrogation hereunder. The Company shall have the right to recover compensation from any airline for loss, damage, or expense incurred by the Customer on behalf of the Customer.
- Time whenever mentioned is of the essence of this Agreement.
Volumetric weight or dimensional weight is widely used in the logistics industry around the world to ascertain the density of a shipment when placed in a vehicle or storage area. Volumetric weight is compared against the actual weight and the higher weight is used to calculate the actual cost. It is practiced by all domestic and international courier and logistics providers.
Volumetric Weight Formula (Kg) = Length(cm) x Width(cm) x Height(cm) / 5000
‘Dangerous goods’ are materials or items with hazardous properties which, if not properly controlled, present a potential hazard to human health and safety, infrastructure and/ or their means of transport.
The transportation of dangerous goods is controlled and governed by a variety of different regulatory regimes, operating at both the national and international levels. Prominent regulatory frameworks for the transportation of dangerous goods include the United Nations Recommendations on the Transport of Dangerous Goods, ICAO’s Technical Instructions, IATA’s Dangerous Goods Regulations and the IMO’s International Maritime Dangerous Goods Code. Collectively, these regulatory regimes mandate how dangerous goods are to be handled, packaged, labelled and transported.
Classification of dangerous goods is broken down into nine classes according to the type of danger materials or items present.
The 9 Classes of Dangerous Goods
If you are unsure whether your shipment is categorized as dangerous goods or not, ask the manufacturer or supplier for a Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). If it contains a UN number, it is dangerous goods.
It’s the shipper’s responsibility to ensure dangerous goods are correctly declared, packed and labelled with the right documentation for the countries of origin, transit and destination.
Surcharges are additional charges that are mandatory and applicable to your shipment. The following surcharges apply when you use our services:
Due to continuing fuel price fluctuations, fuel surcharge is imposed on each consignment to recover the increase in cost of fuel.
A fee charged for coordination and integration of operations such as un-packing, re-packing, packaging, and movement of consignments from its origin to the destination.
We will impose additional surcharge on consignment which needed special handling or extra security, and delivery not within our operating hours or to non-coverage areas.